- Primary Materials
- Wool, Organic cotton
- Product URL
- Brand Sustainability Effort
- This product received a neutral rating for this category due to the absence of any brand-related data.
- 6 Out of 10
- Raw Material
This product is made primarily from Wool and Organic cotton.
Wool production is associated with intensive farming, comparatively high water pollution footprint and very high impact on global warming due to sheep manure responsible for greenhouse gas emissions. Whilst it is generally biodegradable it depends on the finishings used. Still due to its natural and durable properties it has a low eco impact.
Organic cotton still has a comparatively very high water footprint and land use. Finishings and dyes on organic cotton also contribute to water and environmental pollution. However it is a lot more eco-friendly than conventional cotton. Thus it has a low eco impact.
- 7 Out of 10
- This product received a poor rating for production due to a lack of transparency with regards to it's production.
- 8 Out of 10
- This product has a very low transport footprint.
- 10 Out of 10
- 2nd use
- This product contains recycled components. Extending the life of clothes offers the greatest overall potential across carbon, water, and waste targets. This can be achieved by designing clothes to be more durable, and by encouraging re-use through sales of second hand clothing or through recycling.
- 10 Out of 10