- Primary Materials
- Cotton, Elastane
- Product URL
- Brand Sustainability Effort
- Gucci has made a public commitment to reduce carbon emissions but it uses exotic animal products
- 5 Out of 10
- Raw Material
This product is made primarily from Cotton and Elastane.
Conventional cotton harvesting and manufacturing is associated with a comparatively very high water footprint and high use of chemicals and pesticides. So its eco impact is high. Despite being biodegradable often dyeing and finishing undermines its biodegradability.
Elasten/ Spandex fibre is manufactured in laboratory through extensive chemical processes, is associated with comparatively medium-high effect on global warming and fossil fuel depletion. It is not biodegradable. Still it has relatively low eco impact.
- 6 Out of 10
- This product received a poor rating for production due to a lack of transparency with regards to it's production.
- 8 Out of 10
- This product has a relatively low transport footprint.
- 8 Out of 10
- 2nd use
- This product has an extended lifespan. Extending the life of clothes offers the greatest overall potential across carbon, water, and waste targets. This can be achieved by designing clothes to be more durable, and by encouraging re-use through sales of second hand clothing or through recycling.
- 10 Out of 10