- Primary Materials
- Polyamide, Goose
- Product URL
- Brand Sustainability Effort
- Gucci has made a public commitment to reduce carbon emissions but it uses exotic animal products
- 5 Out of 10
- Raw Material
This product is made primarily from Polyamide and Goose.
Aramid is a man-made fibre used for high performance and military items, characterized by strengths and heat resistance. This fibre production has a relatively high impact on water pollution, it can release toxins that can be inhaled and it is not biodegradable but it is recyclable. So eco impact is very high.
Goose Down Insulation involves duck farming that have comparatively low environmental impact, however, can be associated with unethical practices on duck. It is recyclable and biodegradable. So eco impact is very low.
- 7 Out of 10
- This product received a poor rating for production due to a lack of transparency with regards to it's production.
- 8 Out of 10
- This product has a relatively low transport footprint.
- 8 Out of 10
- 2nd use
- This product has an extended lifespan. Extending the life of clothes offers the greatest overall potential across carbon, water, and waste targets. This can be achieved by designing clothes to be more durable, and by encouraging re-use through sales of second hand clothing or through recycling.
- 10 Out of 10