- GOLDEN BEAR
- Primary Materials
- Wool, Polyamide
- Product URL
- Brand Sustainability Effort
- This product received a neutral rating for this category due to the absence of any brand-related data.
- 5 Out of 10
- Raw Material
This product is made primarily from Wool and Polyamide.
Wool production is associated with intensive farming, comparatively high water pollution footprint and very high impact on global warming due to sheep manure responsible for greenhouse gas emissions. Whilst it is generally biodegradable it depends on the finishings used. Still due to its natural and durable properties it has a low eco impact.
Aramid is a man-made fibre used for high performance and military items, characterized by strengths and heat resistance. This fibre production has a relatively high impact on water pollution, it can release toxins that can be inhaled and it is not biodegradable but it is recyclable. So eco impact is very high.
- 6 Out of 10
- This product received a poor rating for production due to a lack of transparency with regards to it's production.
- 3 Out of 10
- This product received a poor rating due to a lack of transparency with regards to transport.
- 3 Out of 10
- 2nd use
- This product received a poor rating for 2nd use due to it not being reused, recycled, nor consisting of recycled materials.
- 0 Out of 10