- ADIDAS ORIGINALS
- Primary Materials
- Cotton, Polyester
- Product URL
- Brand Sustainability Effort
- This product received a neutral rating for this category due to the absence of any brand-related data.
- 7 Out of 10
- Raw Material
This product is made primarily from Cotton and Polyester.
Conventional cotton harvesting and manufacturing is associated with a comparatively very high water footprint and high use of chemicals and pesticides. So its eco impact is high. Despite being biodegradable often dyeing and finishing undermines its biodegradability.
Polyester fibre is manufactured using comparatively carbon intensive non-renewable sources and involves an extensive chemical process. It is associated to microplastic releases in water during after-use care. It is not biodegradable but is recyclable. So eco impact is high.
- 6 Out of 10
- This product received a poor rating for production due to a lack of transparency with regards to it's production.
- 3 Out of 10
- This product received a poor rating due to a lack of transparency with regards to transport.
- 3 Out of 10
- 2nd use
- This product contains recycled components. Extending the life of clothes offers the greatest overall potential across carbon, water, and waste targets. This can be achieved by designing clothes to be more durable, and by encouraging re-use through sales of second hand clothing or through recycling.
- 10 Out of 10