- Tops & T-Shirts
- Primary Materials
- Lyocell, Tencel
- Product URL
- Brand Sustainability Effort
- This product received a neutral rating for this category due to the absence of any brand-related data.
- 5 Out of 10
- Raw Material
This product is made primarily from Lyocell and Tencel.
Lyocell is a semi man-made fibre, made from cellulose. Despite it’s manufacturing is operated in a closed loop that avoid chemicals and energy dispersion; it is associated with irresponsible wood stock sourcing, having comparatively a medium-high impact on global warming. So eco impact is relatively low eco impact.
Tencel Lyocell is the trademark name for Lyocell produced by Lenzing. The wood pulp is sustainably sourced and the manufacturing occurs in a closed loop that recovers 99% of the water and solvents used. Tencel Lyocell fibre is biodegradable and compostable. So eco impact is low.
- 8 Out of 10
- This product received a poor rating for production due to a lack of transparency with regards to it's production.
- 3 Out of 10
- This product received a poor rating due to a lack of transparency with regards to transport.
- 3 Out of 10
- 2nd use
- This product contains recycled components. Extending the life of clothes offers the greatest overall potential across carbon, water, and waste targets. This can be achieved by designing clothes to be more durable, and by encouraging re-use through sales of second hand clothing or through recycling.
- 10 Out of 10