- Primary Materials
- Bamboo, Viscose
- Product URL
- Brand Sustainability Effort
- This product received a neutral rating for this category due to the absence of any brand-related data.
- 5 Out of 10
- Raw Material
This product is made primarily from Bamboo and Viscose.
Viscose bamboo fibre production is associated with bamboo's natural habitat depletion and deforestation, regenerated cellulose from bamboo undergoes comparatively extensive chemical process in order to be transformed into fibre and about 50% hazardous waste from its production goes back into the environment. Eco impact is high.
Viscose/rayon fibre uses as raw fibre wood pulp. It can often be associated with unsustainable deforestation. The manufacturing of this fibre involves extensive chemical processes involving a significant water pollution footprint. Eco impact is high.
- 6 Out of 10
- This product received a poor rating for production due to a lack of transparency with regards to it's production.
- 3 Out of 10
- This product received a poor rating due to a lack of transparency with regards to transport.
- 3 Out of 10
- 2nd use
- This product contains recycled components. Extending the life of clothes offers the greatest overall potential across carbon, water, and waste targets. This can be achieved by designing clothes to be more durable, and by encouraging re-use through sales of second hand clothing or through recycling.
- 10 Out of 10