- Humans Are Vain
- Tops & T-Shirts
- Primary Materials
- PET, Rubber
- Product URL
- Brand Sustainability Effort
- This product received a neutral rating for this category due to the absence of any brand-related data.
- 6 Out of 10
- Raw Material
This product is made primarily from PET and Rubber.
Polyethylene Plastic (PE), that usually comes in two types HDPE (High Density PE) or LDPE (Low density PE), is associated with comparatively low impact on water pollution, fossil fuel depletion, global warming footprint and it is easily recyclable, but not biodegradable. Eco impact is high.
Typical Footwear Rubber Compound is a mixture of synthetic rubber, natural rubber and other additives. Its manufacturing is associated with comparatively low eutrophication and global warming footprint, despite undergoing extensive chemicals processes. Usually is recyclable. So eco impact is relatively low eco impact.
- 7 Out of 10
- This product received a poor rating for production due to a lack of transparency with regards to it's production.
- 6 Out of 10
- This product has a relatively low transport footprint.
- 8 Out of 10
- 2nd use
- This product contains recycled components. Extending the life of clothes offers the greatest overall potential across carbon, water, and waste targets. This can be achieved by designing clothes to be more durable, and by encouraging re-use through sales of second hand clothing or through recycling.
- 10 Out of 10