- Organic Basics
- Tops & T-Shirts
- Primary Materials
- Cashmere, Wool
- Product URL
- Brand Sustainability Effort
- Organic Basics offers high quality sustainable fashion basics for men and women in organic materials
- 8 Out of 10
- Raw Material
This product is made primarily from Cashmere and Wool.
Cashmere fibre is mostly produced in China and Mongolia. It is biodegradable. However comparatively it has a big carbon footprint, high water use and can be associated with livestock cruelty. So eco impact is high.
Wool production is associated with intensive farming, comparatively high water pollution footprint and very high impact on global warming due to sheep manure responsible for greenhouse gas emissions. Whilst it is generally biodegradable it depends on the finishings used. Still due to its natural and durable properties it has a low eco impact.
- 6 Out of 10
- This product received a poor rating for production due to a lack of transparency with regards to it's production.
- 3 Out of 10
- This product received a poor rating due to a lack of transparency with regards to transport.
- 3 Out of 10
- 2nd use
- This product contains recycled components. Extending the life of clothes offers the greatest overall potential across carbon, water, and waste targets. This can be achieved by designing clothes to be more durable, and by encouraging re-use through sales of second hand clothing or through recycling.
- 10 Out of 10