- Coco de Mer
- Primary Materials
- Polyamide, Silk
- Product URL
- Brand Sustainability Effort
- This product received a neutral rating for this category due to the absence of any brand-related data.
- 7 Out of 10
- Raw Material
This product is made primarily from Polyamide and Silk.
Aramid is a man-made fibre used for high performance and military items, characterized by strengths and heat resistance. This fibre production has a relatively high impact on water pollution, it can release toxins that can be inhaled and it is not biodegradable but it is recyclable. So eco impact is very high.
Conventional silk production is associated with comparatively extensive use of chemicals, very high footprint on water and energy consumption and on water pollution. It involves labour intensive techniques. Despite being biodegradable, it can be finished with chemicals that can hinder its biodegradability. So eco impact is very high.
- 5 Out of 10
- This product received a poor rating for production due to a lack of transparency with regards to it's production.
- 3 Out of 10
- This product received a poor rating due to a lack of transparency with regards to transport.
- 3 Out of 10
- 2nd use
- This product received a poor rating for 2nd use due to it not being reused, recycled, nor consisting of recycled materials.
- 0 Out of 10