- Swedish Stockings
- Tights & Socks
- Primary Materials
- Polyamide, Silk
- Product URL
- Brand Sustainability Effort
- Best quality eco-friendly black & patterned stockings, knee highs, tights, socks & pantyhose.
- 8 Out of 10
- Raw Material
This product is made primarily from Polyamide and Silk.
Aramid is a man-made fibre used for high performance and military items, characterized by strengths and heat resistance. This fibre production has a relatively high impact on water pollution, it can release toxins that can be inhaled and it is not biodegradable but it is recyclable. So eco impact is very high.
Conventional silk production is associated with comparatively extensive use of chemicals, very high footprint on water and energy consumption and on water pollution. It involves labour intensive techniques. Despite being biodegradable, it can be finished with chemicals that can hinder its biodegradability. So eco impact is very high.
- 5 Out of 10
- This product received a poor rating for production due to a lack of transparency with regards to it's production.
- 3 Out of 10
- This product received a poor rating due to a lack of transparency with regards to transport.
- 3 Out of 10
- 2nd use
- This product contains recycled components. Extending the life of clothes offers the greatest overall potential across carbon, water, and waste targets. This can be achieved by designing clothes to be more durable, and by encouraging re-use through sales of second hand clothing or through recycling.
- 10 Out of 10