- Girlfriend Collective
- Primary Materials
- Polyester, Elastane
- Product URL
- Brand Sustainability Effort
- Minimal, luxury women's activewear made with certified fair labour.
- 7 Out of 10
- Raw Material
This product is made primarily from Polyester and Elastane.
Polyester fibre is manufactured using comparatively carbon intensive non-renewable sources and involves an extensive chemical process. It is associated to microplastic releases in water during after-use care. It is not biodegradable but is recyclable. So eco impact is high.
Elasten/ Spandex fibre is manufactured in laboratory through extensive chemical processes, is associated with comparatively medium-high effect on global warming and fossil fuel depletion. It is not biodegradable. Still it has relatively low eco impact.
- 6 Out of 10
- This product received a poor rating for production due to a lack of transparency with regards to it's production.
- 3 Out of 10
- This product received a poor rating due to a lack of transparency with regards to transport.
- 3 Out of 10
- 2nd use
- This product contains recycled components. Extending the life of clothes offers the greatest overall potential across carbon, water, and waste targets. This can be achieved by designing clothes to be more durable, and by encouraging re-use through sales of second hand clothing or through recycling.
- 10 Out of 10