- Primary Materials
- Cotton, Linen
- Product URL
- Brand Sustainability Effort
- Mango is not taking adequate steps to manage water use in its supply chain
- 4 Out of 10
- Raw Material
This product is made primarily from Cotton and Linen.
Conventional cotton harvesting and manufacturing is associated with a comparatively very high water footprint and high use of chemicals and pesticides. So its eco impact is high. Despite being biodegradable often dyeing and finishing undermines its biodegradability.
Linen (Flax) fibre, commonly known as linen it comes from a very productive plant where the bast is used for the manufacturing of the fibre and the seeds can be used to produce linseed oil. It can be grown on land that is not suitable for food crops. It is biodegradable, but finishings and dyes can hinder it. Conventional flax production is associated with the use of pesticides and water pollution therefore its eco impact is high.
- 6 Out of 10
- This product received a poor rating for production due to a lack of transparency with regards to it's production.
- 3 Out of 10
- This product received a poor rating due to a lack of transparency with regards to transport.
- 3 Out of 10
- 2nd use
- This product contains recycled components. Extending the life of clothes offers the greatest overall potential across carbon, water, and waste targets. This can be achieved by designing clothes to be more durable, and by encouraging re-use through sales of second hand clothing or through recycling.
- 10 Out of 10