- Primary Materials
- Polyamide, PLA
- Product URL
- Brand Sustainability Effort
- Mango is not taking adequate steps to manage water use in its supply chain
- 4 Out of 10
- Raw Material
This product is made primarily from Polyamide and PLA.
Aramid is a man-made fibre used for high performance and military items, characterized by strengths and heat resistance. This fibre production has a relatively high impact on water pollution, it can release toxins that can be inhaled and it is not biodegradable but it is recyclable. So eco impact is very high.
PLA fabric , despite being derived from renewable sources such as cane sugar and corn, in terms of manufacturing undergoes an extensive chemical process and its eutrophication footprint is comparatively medium-high. So eco impact is high eco impact.
- 5 Out of 10
- This product received a poor rating for production due to a lack of transparency with regards to it's production.
- 3 Out of 10
- This product received a poor rating due to a lack of transparency with regards to transport.
- 3 Out of 10
- 2nd use
- This product contains recycled components. Extending the life of clothes offers the greatest overall potential across carbon, water, and waste targets. This can be achieved by designing clothes to be more durable, and by encouraging re-use through sales of second hand clothing or through recycling.
- 10 Out of 10