- Jason Wu
- Primary Materials
- Polyester, Polyurethane
- Product URL
- Brand Sustainability Effort
- This product received a neutral rating for this category due to the absence of any brand-related data.
- 5 Out of 10
- Raw Material
This product is made primarily from Polyester and Polyurethane.
Polyester fibre is manufactured using comparatively carbon intensive non-renewable sources and involves an extensive chemical process. It is associated to microplastic releases in water during after-use care. It is not biodegradable but is recyclable. So eco impact is high.
Polyurethane Plastic manufacturing has a comparatively low impact on fossil fuel depletion, eutrophication and global warming footprint. It can be easily recycled through chemical or mechanical recycling. Polyurethane plastic being long lasting contributes to widening lifespan of items that adopt it as material. So eco impact is relatively satisfactory.
- 6 Out of 10
- This product received a poor rating for production due to a lack of transparency with regards to it's production.
- 3 Out of 10
- This product received a poor rating due to a lack of transparency with regards to transport.
- 3 Out of 10
- 2nd use
- This product received a poor rating for 2nd use due to it not being reused, recycled, nor consisting of recycled materials.
- 0 Out of 10