- Tops & T-Shirts
- Primary Materials
- Viscose, Polyester
- Product URL
- Brand Sustainability Effort
- Alaïa is not taking adequate steps to eliminate hazardous chemicals in its supply chain.
- 3 Out of 10
- Raw Material
This product is made primarily from Viscose and Polyester.
Viscose/rayon fibre uses as raw fibre wood pulp. It can often be associated with unsustainable deforestation. The manufacturing of this fibre involves extensive chemical processes involving a significant water pollution footprint. Eco impact is high.
Polyester fibre is manufactured using comparatively carbon intensive non-renewable sources and involves an extensive chemical process. It is associated to microplastic releases in water during after-use care. It is not biodegradable but is recyclable. So eco impact is high.
- 6 Out of 10
- This product received a poor rating for production due to a lack of transparency with regards to it's production.
- 8 Out of 10
- This product has a relatively low transport footprint.
- 8 Out of 10
- 2nd use
- This product has an extended lifespan. Extending the life of clothes offers the greatest overall potential across carbon, water, and waste targets. This can be achieved by designing clothes to be more durable, and by encouraging re-use through sales of second hand clothing or through recycling.
- 10 Out of 10