- Bottega Veneta
- Primary Materials
- Linen, Elastane
- Product URL
- Brand Sustainability Effort
- Bottega Venata has made a public commitment to reduce carbon emissions but it uses exotic animal products.
- 5 Out of 10
- Raw Material
This product is made primarily from Linen and Elastane.
Linen (Flax) fibre, commonly known as linen it comes from a very productive plant where the bast is used for the manufacturing of the fibre and the seeds can be used to produce linseed oil. It can be grown on land that is not suitable for food crops. It is biodegradable, but finishings and dyes can hinder it. Conventional flax production is associated with the use of pesticides and water pollution therefore its eco impact is high.
Elasten/ Spandex fibre is manufactured in laboratory through extensive chemical processes, is associated with comparatively medium-high effect on global warming and fossil fuel depletion. It is not biodegradable. Still it has relatively low eco impact.
- 7 Out of 10
- This product received a poor rating for production due to a lack of transparency with regards to it's production.
- 8 Out of 10
- This product has a relatively low transport footprint.
- 8 Out of 10
- 2nd use
- This product received a poor rating for 2nd use due to it not being reused, recycled, nor consisting of recycled materials.
- 0 Out of 10