- Tory Burch
- Primary Materials
- Viscose, Acrylic
- sky blue
- Product URL
- Brand Sustainability Effort
- Tory Burch provides insufficient relevant information about how it reduces its impact on people, the planet or animals. You have a right to know how the products you buy affect the issues you care about
- 2 Out of 10
- Raw Material
This product is made primarily from Viscose and Acrylic.
Viscose/rayon fibre uses as raw fibre wood pulp. It can often be associated with unsustainable deforestation. The manufacturing of this fibre involves extensive chemical processes involving a significant water pollution footprint. Eco impact is high.
Acrylic fibre is made at least of 85% acrylonitrile, its production is related to fossil fuels depletion. The manufacturing of this fibre also releases toxic fumes in the atmosphere. Acrylic fibres takes up to 200 years to biodegrade and acrylic items washed at home release high quantities of micro plastics that contribute to water pollution. So eco impact is high eco impact.
- 6 Out of 10
- This product received a poor rating for production due to a lack of transparency with regards to it's production.
- 3 Out of 10
- This product received a poor rating due to a lack of transparency with regards to transport.
- 3 Out of 10
- 2nd use
- This product has an extended lifespan. Extending the life of clothes offers the greatest overall potential across carbon, water, and waste targets. This can be achieved by designing clothes to be more durable, and by encouraging re-use through sales of second hand clothing or through recycling.
- 10 Out of 10