- Billi London
- Tights & Socks
- Primary Materials
- Bamboo, Cotton
- Product URL
- Brand Sustainability Effort
- This product received a neutral rating for this category due to the absence of any brand-related data.
- 5 Out of 10
- Raw Material
This product is made primarily from Bamboo and Cotton.
Viscose bamboo fibre production is associated with bamboo's natural habitat depletion and deforestation, regenerated cellulose from bamboo undergoes comparatively extensive chemical process in order to be transformed into fibre and about 50% hazardous waste from its production goes back into the environment. Eco impact is high.
Conventional cotton harvesting and manufacturing is associated with a comparatively very high water footprint and high use of chemicals and pesticides. So its eco impact is high. Despite being biodegradable often dyeing and finishing undermines its biodegradability.
- 6 Out of 10
- This product received a poor rating for production due to a lack of transparency with regards to it's production.
- 3 Out of 10
- This product received a poor rating due to a lack of transparency with regards to transport.
- 3 Out of 10
- 2nd use
- This product contains recycled components. Extending the life of clothes offers the greatest overall potential across carbon, water, and waste targets. This can be achieved by designing clothes to be more durable, and by encouraging re-use through sales of second hand clothing or through recycling.
- 10 Out of 10